Re: zsync the ISO time

Hi Nio,
(inlines and snipping)

On 06/08/2015 03:43 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
> Den 2015-06-07 15:06, Israel skrev:> Hi everyone,
>> ..
> I did not see the plymouth splash in the live session.
I will make sure to add it!

> Bugs(?)
>
> 1. menu://applications in pcmanfm shows nothing this time. I suggest
> again to use
>
> ln -s /usr/share/applications/ $HOME/Desktop
>
> which short 'just work' instead of the flaky 'menu://applications'

Alright I will build the next ISO with this
> 2. 'Shutdown now' and 'Restart Computer' from the pulldown menu in the
> right top corner act directly without any (extra) submenu, which is
> different from before. 'Logout' seems to do pretty much the same thing
> as 'Reload Desktop'. Is it by intention or a bug?
I modified the menus so the next build should work better/be more intuitive.
> 3. I did not see the plymouth splash
>
> 4. The screen background is not refreshed (the size change due to the
> panel is not done properly), so there are discontinuities in the
> background picture after closing windows. This is a cosmetic bug, yet a bug.
This is a bug, but this would be a PCManFM issue, since it is
controlling the desktop.

> 1. Implausibly old time stamp output during expansion of the tarball:
>
> You can touch the affected files (works in the installed system, should
> work (I think) in chroot before making the tarball
>
> for i in $(find /var/lib/sudo);do touch $i;done
>
> This is also a cosmetic bug, but I remember that Ali complained about it.
Ahh, thanks for reminding me, I'll but that on the TODO list!!
> 2. Installing into a partition, I did not get the grub menu. The screen
> was black instead of the ToriOS splash, and the 'caps locked led' is
> flashing. A failure :-(
>
> Not even SysRq R E I S U B worked, only hard reset with the power
> button. On reboot, there is a grub menu but without the other operating
> systems, so it seems update-grub in the chroot environment is still
> failing. And when selecting in the grub menu I get
>
> error: symbol not found: 'grub_video_fb_set_active_render_target'
> (twice).
>
> Memory test works, but not starting ToriOS. After memory test it booted
> differently, but failing, and after that I could actually boot into
> ToriOS. I don't know what happened.
>
> sudo update-grub worked in the installed system.
So, this is mkpxpy?  Or do you think the issue is elsewhere?  I will
have to take a look to see.

> menu://applications in pcmanfm works here, except that there are missing
> icons in 'Other'.
Not sure how to address this one.

> Bugs(?)
>
> 1. ztweaks is missing (known bug).
>
> 2. 'Go to ToriOS website' causes the welcoming screen to disappear. Is
> that intended?

> 3. Nothing happens when I click on 'ImageMagick (Display)' in the menu,
> but the program works from the command line and it even struggled with a
> pdf file via pcmanfm until I installed evince ;-)
I will double check the ImageMagick Issue... I need to modify the
Desktop file.
> 4. The plymouth splash is malformed during shutdown (cosmetic bug).
Not sure what to do with that, how is it malformed?

> *. I'm sad to say this, but this version is a step backwards. I think
> you tried to improve too many things at the same time.
>
> Best regards
> Nio

-Israel
ToriOS Team