Testing an installed ToriOS on Samsung 11" Notebook

Hi,

I have ToriOS installed on two machines:
One is attached to a TV I use as media player.
The other is in the attached picture with this email.

I just did:
apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade

I did not re-install (purposely) as I want to check what would happen to an already installed system.

_*Few notes:*_

1. I can not change the brightness and for some reason, after I
   installed ToriOS for the first time on that machine, once it is
   logged in for the first time, it was dark and I can't change it.
   Usually, I am having problems with ALL Ubuntu based system
   (distributions), official (Ubuntu GNOME, Lubuntu, Xubuntu, etc) and
   Non-Official that is whenever I install and login, I find the
   brightness, by default, set to the highest which will hurt my eyes
   so I right away reduce it. I am happy that ToriOS, at least on my
   Samsung machine (on the attached picture) is NOT set to the highest
   but it is TOO DARK for me to use it on that machine. So, I am not
   complaining here why it is dark, I am asking how to change the
   brightness? Oh, when I press Fn + Up Arrow/ = I see the calculator
   so I guess there is a file for the keyboard shortcuts that needs to
   be updated, correct?
2. The motto on the Plymouth is still read: "Your computer is as free
   as a bird". I thought we have changed that one already, right? can
   someone with English as his/her first language to confirm which is
   the best? the one on the website now is: "Your computer is free as a
   bird"
3. Please see: no such file.txt attached file. I always see that on
   different installations of ToriOS and different machines.
4. THANK YOU so much for changing the default timeout settings. I no
   more have to go and move the cursor every 10mins :D
5. https://lists.launchpad.net/torios-dev/msg00312.html
6. Just to double check (I am not complaining): we don't run
   power-manager by default, correct? or that is a bug? I am thinking
   .. if we are not running it by default intentionally, can we then
   add that to the post-script list? so users can decide whether to
   activate the power-manager or not?
7. Have we come up with an idea of handling the language/keyboard
   layout? because AFAIK, we have no package installed by default.
8. In my testings, I am trying to focus on the installed system more
   than the LiveCD/LiveUSB. This might be a bad question but I will ask
   anyway. Do we want to make ToriOS a LiveCD distribution that can be
   installed on a hard drive? or the LiveCD is just a pre-installation
   stage? some distributions are designed to work as a LiveCD with the
   option to install on a HDD. From my understanding, ToriOS is not
   designed to primarily be a LiveCD, correct?
9. For the post-script that is supposed to show up on the first login
   after installing ToriOS. Is this a stand-alone package? or part of
   other package? I am asking because I am thinking to make life easier
   for our developers and others + add more freedom for future
   improvements. Is it just a script on a file? maybe it is very simple
   and should not be a package, correct? just trying to understand more
   about it :)
10. JUST trying to make sure everything is ok: have you (anyone) tried
   to install ToriOS on a Non-PAE machine? then on PAE machine? the
   best part about OBI is when it asks the user to choose which Kernel
   to install. We had problems before so I just want to make sure
   everything is as smooth as possible. Oh, and is there any way we can
   make that auto-detected? so that users don't have to bother with
   that option? what do you think?!

That's all what I can remember for now .. will try to do more testing :)

Thank you for everything, everyone!

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad

root@torios:~# apt-get upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  google-chrome-stable numix-icon-theme
2 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 55.4 MB of archives.
After this operation, 26.6 kB of additional disk space will be used.
Do you want to continue [Y/n]? y
Get:1 http://dl.google.com/linux/chrome/deb/ stable/main google-chrome-stable i386 43.0.2357.125-1 [47.4 MB]
Get:2 http://ppa.launchpad.net/numix/ppa/ubuntu/ precise/main numix-icon-theme all 0.3+439~201506120201~ubuntu12.04.1 [7,989 kB]
Fetched 55.4 MB in 53s (1,032 kB/s)
(Reading database ... 138542 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to replace google-chrome-stable 43.0.2357.124-1 (using .../google-chrome-stable_43.0.2357.125-1_i386.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement google-chrome-stable ...
Preparing to replace numix-icon-theme 0.3+432~201506100201~ubuntu12.04.1 (using .../numix-icon-theme_0.3+439~201506120201~ubuntu12.04.1_all.deb) ...
Unpacking replacement numix-icon-theme ...
Processing triggers for menu ...
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
Processing triggers for man-db ...
Processing triggers for desktop-file-utils ...
Setting up google-chrome-stable (43.0.2357.125-1) ...
Setting up numix-icon-theme (0.3+439~201506120201~ubuntu12.04.1) ...
gtk-update-icon-cache: Cache file created successfully.
Processing triggers for menu ...
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
grep: /root/.jwmrc: No such file or directory
root@torios:~#

Follow ups