Re: Fwd: Testing an installed ToriOS on Samsung 11" Notebook

Hi
(inlines)
I will delete all the previously answered questions
On 06/13/2015 05:29 PM, Ali Linx wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have ToriOS installed on two machines:
> One is attached to a TV I use as media player.
> The other is in the attached picture with this email.
>
> I just did:
> apt-get upgrade && apt-get dist-upgrade
>
> I did not re-install (purposely) as I want to check what would happen
> to an already installed system.

(snip)
> 11. GParted is listed under: Apps > System > GParted. I highly
> recommend to get rid of GParted for the installed system and please,
> keep it on the LiveCD.
ok

> 12. After installing any application, Menu still does not refresh by
> itself.

what does 'any application' mean (specific programs)
In my tests, all programs that call update-menus refresh the menu, which
is true of most programs... at least the majority of them from my
experience.

if you have a problem, run:
sudo update-menus

The alternative would be to write (in C/C++) a program that is a menu
It might be possible to write a script that does this... but I do not
have the time to research making a bash menu, if it is even possible
with zenity.
I don't think it is possible to overload the menu (mouse click 1 does
something like exec:create-menu AND root:4 ), so generating the menu
with each click is not something I think is possible (or wise, as it
would take more time to show it).

-Israel
ToriOS Team