Re: mirroring / packages / source

On 07/12/2015 09:53 AM, Cameron Whiting wrote:
> Hello, I'm a university student looking to mirror torios for accademic
> purposes. I was curious if any of the package configuration is unique
> between this and other distros, and where packages are stored uniquely
> (if they're not just in common with, say, ubuntu's repositories)
>
> so, I'd like to grab a copy of your source :)
>
> Cameron Whiting
>
> --
>

> D62F490F0C67ACD3
> +1307.438.9583

Hi,
Most of our source code is hosted on launchpad, there is also some
hosted on github.  ToriOS is based off of Ubuntu 12.04 (currently,
though once we fix the last few kinks we will move on to 14.04).

For the base OS packages we have the torios branch.
https://code.launchpad.net/~torios-dev
There is also our up-to-date JWM 2.3.0 branch hosted there
as well as another program called ztweaks (very quick common tweaks in a
shell script).

The One Button Installer is here:

https://code.launchpad.net/~israeldahl/one-button-installer/trunk

The menu generation scripts are here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~israeldahl/jwm-menu/trunk

The plymouth theme is here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~israeldahl/+junk/torios-plymouth

The JWM settings manager is here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~israeldahl/jwm-settings-manager/trunk

Our lightweight user adding program is here:
https://code.launchpad.net/~israeldahl/fladduser/trunk

These are the scripts to build the ISO.
https://github.com/Israel-/ISOmaker

These are the script for building the Base OS to turn into a tarball for
installing:
https://github.com/Israel-/torios-from-mini

Basically to build ToriOS from the ground up, you will need to install
the Ubuntu mini.iso to a computer (or VM).  Then run then
torios-from-mini script.
Then use mktbl to create a tarball (though you could do it from any live
CD using mount and tar commands.

Then save the tarball as ToriOS-i386 in the same directory as the
ISOmaker scripts.
make sure all the scripts are chmod +x  and run ./ISOmaker
The process is all automated and should just work... but the scripts
will only run in an Ubuntu installation AFAIK.  It might work in
Debian/Mint/Elementary/etc...

If you want to simply build the packages for each program, and you are
running Ubuntu let me know and I can send you my bzr cheat sheet.  But
if you know how to use bzr and have all the build/packaging tools
installed you just
bzr branch lp:/<whatever>/
cd /<whatever>/
and then
bzr builddeb -- -S -us -uc
And finally:
pbuilder-dist precise build ..//<whatever>_<version>.dsc
/
This will build the package in your ~/pbuilder/precise_result directory

Feel free to ask me any questions!

-Israel
ToriOS Team