ToriOS beta iso, and current progress update

Hi everyone,
Since ToriOS-2015-05-16-beta was a good one, I decided to change the
zsync link for ToriOS beta to that version.
This way it will be a nice beta for users to download, even if it is not
perfect....

To update everyone on the list I have been actively working to find out
where our issue is.  Nio, Jack and I have been discussing some things,
and working towards finding our solution.
The main issues with the current 'daily' iso are:
*NetworkManager* does not work correctly...  Not sure quite why this has
happened... but we are looking into it and have narrowed it down.  It
seems to be a policy kit issue, but on my machine where I build the base
OS networking works fine... so this is a troublesome problem... though
we are getting closer to finding where it failed.

The *grub* install method does not work fully, and has some issues.  I
think I have solved this in my testing and the current version of OBI
(there is no ISO for this yet, until I solve the network manager issue).

The alternative is to use wicd, rather than network manager, but then we
face the issues with it that we had.  I may tar up a test image with
wicd rather than network manager to see if those issues still persist
with the new method of starting torios.

The new method of starting torios is something Nio, Jack, and I had been
discussing.  I wrote an elaborate set of scripts with a configuration
file, and finally found that there is already an existing version of this:
/etc/X11/Xsession

So I modified our scripts to simply do our normal checks (it ensures a
jwmrc file, a gtk theme, etc..) and then runs:
/etc/X11/Xsession jwm

The default configuration starts console-kit, dbus, gnome-keyring,
etc...  this is nice, because we do not need to maintain anything major,
or debug our startup scripts so much.  I was very surprised to find
this, as I had never heard of it before, yet it has been there for
around a decade :P

Anyhow, stay tuned as I hope to solve this puzzle soon!!

-Israel
ToriOS Team