Re: ToriOS menus

On 08/06/2015 06:52 AM, Israel wrote:
Hi everyone,
Hi,
Thank you for your email :)
I have done some work on updating the theme to use the new features in JWM.
I think I missed that email if any? what new features?
I have also reworked the app menu, and wondered if we wanted to have any
'sticky' applications on the bottom of the menu.
We could include shudown/reboot/update system and anything else you
might want to include (help, a link to the website, etc...)
I am not sure if what I am going to suggest is considered as minor or major change or not when it comes to coding? but I will share it anyway :)

I'd suggest to 'move' the shutdown menu from the far right to the left by adding it to the main menu (AKA App menu) at the very end, just like Windows XP for example. However, if you think this is a bad idea, then simply ignore my suggestion :)

Other suggestions:

1. Let's make sure our main website is shown.
2. Is it possible to add "Social Media" category or sub-category and
   add our facebook, twitter and Google+ ?
3. I'd love to see a link to our Launchpad team, if possible?
4. About pop-up window, when a user clicks on that, he/she will get our
   names with the roles shown. We do deserve that ;)
5. I'd suggest to create a new category called "About" and add all the
   above under that category to make the menu looks nice and neat.

Not sure what else?

I am getting ready to rebuild the torios-core packages and I wanted to
bring in anything else new we might want.

Have we managed to solve the issue with the installed applications? or that's not yet solved? when I install something, I can't find it on the menu (app) so I wonder if we managed to solve that?

I am also going to switch the
menu to use the 3rd mouse button, so using a 3rd click (left and right
together or the 3rd button if you have it) will bring the menu up
anywhere on the desktop.

While I don't have that (most of the times, I don't use an external mouse as I use more than one machine) but guess it won't harm anyone so yes, why not ;)

Any other suggestions?

Not sure what else, maybe that's all for now :)

Thanks a lot for all your hard work!

--
Ali/amjjawad
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad