Re: ToriOS menus

Hi Ali
(inlines)

On 08/05/2015 09:26 PM, Ali Linx wrote:

>> ..
> I think I missed that email if any? what new features?
It was what we chatted about.
Adding menus to each Button on the tray, similar to the Clock menu, but
with things like
"Edit Panel"
"add new Items"
>> I have also reworked the app menu, and wondered if we wanted to have any
>> 'sticky' applications on the bottom of the menu.
>> We could include shudown/reboot/update system and anything else you
>> might want to include (help, a link to the website, etc...)
> I am not sure if what I am going to suggest is considered as minor or
> major change or not when it comes to coding? but I will share it anyway :)
>
> I'd suggest to 'move' the shutdown menu from the far right to the left
> by adding it to the main menu (AKA App menu) at the very end, just
> like Windows XP for example.
> However, if you think this is a bad idea, then simply ignore my
> suggestion :)
>
> Other suggestions:
>
>  1. Let's make sure our main website is shown.
>  2. Is it possible to add "Social Media" category or sub-category and
>     add our facebook, twitter and Google+ ?
>  3. I'd love to see a link to our Launchpad team, if possible?
>  4. About pop-up window, when a user clicks on that, he/she will get
>     our names with the roles shown. We do deserve that ;)
>  5. I'd suggest to create a new category called "About" and add all
>     the above under that category to make the menu looks nice and neat.
>
> Not sure what else?

This is interesting for sure!
I am fine to integrate the shutdown menu into the main menu.
I will make a separate theme for this to test it, and send it your way
so you can see if you like it.
As for the social media/web stuff make me a list for the 'About' sub-menu

>> I am getting ready to rebuild the torios-core packages and I wanted to
>> bring in anything else new we might want.
>
> Have we managed to solve the issue with the installed applications? or
> that's not yet solved? when I install something, I can't find it on
> the menu (app) so I wonder if we managed to solve that?

what version of the menus are you using?

>> I am also going to switch the
>> menu to use the 3rd mouse button, so using a 3rd click (left and right
>> together or the 3rd button if you have it) will bring the menu up
>> anywhere on the desktop.
>
> While I don't have that (most of the times, I don't use an external
> mouse as I use more than one machine) but guess it won't harm anyone
> so yes, why not ;)
I have a laptop with a multitouch pad, so I use 3 fingers to 'activate'
that button... but if you have 2 buttons pushing them simultaneously
will do the same thing.

This is a very useful way to copy/paste things BTW.
>> Any other suggestions?
>>
> Not sure what else, maybe that's all for now :)
>
> Thanks a lot for all your hard work!
> --
> Ali/amjjawad
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad