Re: [Torios-dev] JWM

On 09/09/2015 07:07 AM, Israel wrote:
Hi everyone,

Hi Israel and everyone else,

I've been away from my laptop for 4 days and 19 hours :)
You can test the newest version out...

Thanks, I did test it. I am so sleepy at the moment so can't send my report .. I have many things to report/discuss. I am replying just to confirm that I did test and the report will be sent later, hopefully.
I haven't fully tested things with it, so please do let me know of any
issues.

Tested but will send the report later.
I have made some changes lately to the menus and a few other things.
Let me know what you think!
Will do :)

zsync http://phillw.net/isos/torios/ToriOS-daily.iso.zsync

As for your original email, Israel, here is a quick note:
If we're going to 'wait' for each and every 'updated' or 'newer' version of JWM, then ToriOS 1.0 will never ever be released.

I am sorry if this will sound rude, harsh, etc but in the FOSS world, developers and projects can 'not' wait for updated versions and hold thing while waiting. Allow me to give you an example.

Ubuntu GNOME [1] can NOT ship the latest GNOME by default because GNOME release new versions one month before Ubuntu Team release a new version. For example, Ubuntu GNOME 15.10 will be shipped with GNOME 3.16 and NOT the latest GNOME.

That's why, there is PPA and that is why, there is version 1.1, 1.2, etc.

I am 100% sure everyone here knows that. I am not stating the obvious here, I am just saying and reminding everyone of this simple fact.

*I see 'no' reason why we should wait for 'newer' version 'everytime'. I am really tired of waiting* :(

I refused to set a release schedule for ToriOS. I wanted to give 100% freedom to everyone here. But now, I understand why Ubuntu has a release schedule [2]. We can definitely avoid that with the next release but for now, I agree that waiting is getting out of control/hands here. We have waited for so long already.

Back to the latest build: I see minor bugs and lack of basic/some features.

I need to sleep so that I can send my report. It's 11:30pm here :(

Israel, please do NOT get me wrong. I am NOT blaming you at all. You're the heart and soul of this project and no one can deny that. I was just thinking loudly and honestly, that's all. You're doing a remarkable job!

And, we should also look at:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FeatureFreeze
and
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/FinalFreeze