Re: Debian Jessie

Hey Sam,
Precise is supported until 2017
We can build our own kernels.  I built one with cmov support for someone
who asked about it, but then subsequently disappeared.  Debian offers a
kernel for our purposes in Jessie (linux-image-586)
I am fairly sure I can reduce the size of the tarball, and ISO OS to
reduce the size of the ISO.
However, if it gets too difficult we can simply install a basic Debian
system configured with no root password (Ubuntu does not have a root
account either) and install the rest of ToriOS via a script.
This will require more bandwidth of course and an internet connection
while installing.
We could also offer to download a tarball and install it, as Nio has
already put the code in for this task... we could modify it and point to
whatever tarballs we want, and upload those and possibly mirror them.
The issue here would be the space on the device.

So, ultimately getting a CD sized ISO is the most preferred goal.  Not
ingringing Ubuntu's IP is absolutely nessicary and I'd consent to a DVD
size if that is the only way to avoid that.