Re: I am speechless!

Den 2016-02-26 kl. 04:11, skrev Israel:
> On 02/25/2016 04:54 PM, Ali/amjjawad wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> The true meaning of: an image worth 1000 words :D
>>
>> --
>> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>>
>> Best Regards,
>> Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>>
> Great news!
> That said, I think we should continue developing the Debian version, as
> it has more updated software and supports older processors for longer :)
>
> --
> Regards

Hi Ali and Israel,

Great news that we can base ToriOS on Ubuntu, Ali :-)

I think we should ask all Toriosadores, which version (based on Ubuntu
or based on Debian) they prefer, and why they prefer it. That way we
should find out what is missing in either of the versions.

Your view is very important Israel. As the main developer, your feeling
of what works best is of course very important. But we should not judge
Ubuntu only based on Precise. There is also Trusty, and very soon also
Xenial will be released, and all of them have long time support (for 5
years).

Lubuntu Xenial works with the boot option forcepae in my old IBM
Thinkpad with Pentium M without a PAE flag, so even if Ubuntu has
abandoned the non-pae kernels, it can be used with almost all CPUs, that
run today (including Pentium 3). What is also important is how the
hardware drivers for old computers are available in Debian and Ubuntu,
and I think the only way to find out is to ask people to test in old
computers.