Personal Update

Hi everyone,
I have been having a lot of computer problems lately... well mostly when
it rains it pours.
My computer finally bit the dust recently.  I had hacked it together a
few too many times.  The other old computer we had also has a very bad
DC jack which I have replaced a few times.  And need to replace again
(terrible design on that Sony Vaio)

I am currently typing from a much older computer.  This one has a broken
LCD so I am using an external monitor to use it.  I simply added
export DISPLAY=0.1
to my .xinitrc
and it boots well enough for me :)
However it has very little RAM
Here is a bit of info:
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 991 887 104 0 53 278
-/+ buffers/cache: 555 436
Swap: 2016 169 1847

Architecture: i686
CPU op-mode(s): 32-bit
Byte Order: Little Endian
CPU(s): 2
CPU MHz: 1000.000

So it is a decent XP era machine, much better than many of those days.
It is a little more than a decade old, so it is showing its age in many
ways.

I have already replaced the LCD once in this computer, and don't
particularly want to, as it is 50USD, and this computer is old.
It was the kids computer, but now it is the only Laptop, so I have begun
to set it up to work on ToriOS again.  I have gotten some of the initial
steps done, but still have a ways to go.  I am not entirely certain that
I can actually build the base OS on this machine. I do have the dumpster
computer I can use for this if need be... however I will (eventually)
need a computer to do this, OR the rest of the ToriOS crew will need to
step in and work on building the ISO.  I can work on the programs
reasonably well in Geany and build/test/etc...