Re: Build 3 03/14/16

Hey Sam.
I think I fixed the issue in firstrun with this latest update.
Please check and see!

On 03/14/2016 05:28 PM, Samuel J. Klein wrote:
Hi Israel,

It appears I can build a working ToriOS ISO now. I built a Debian version again this time using the Debian daily this time, not the default Torios-Daily. As you know, I had problems.

Once I was running ToriOS on the live disk, I first ran:

apt-get update
apt-get upgrade

Both ran quite well. No problems. Everything was updated on the live disk; however, that is not the case post-installation. I'm unsure what happens there. Perhaps the operating system should do an automated update after install or perhaps tell the users to do this first.

Few things I noticed:

1. Firefox is from SourceForge. Perhaps we should alert the user when we use SourceForge packages.

2. Iceweasel will be "upgraded" to "Firefox" in a few months on Stable. https://glandium.org/blog/?p=3622

3. Iceweasel downloads too many localizations.

4. I noticed there are SourceForge repos in the source.list itself. Is there a better way of doing this? Again, we foresee or prevent malicious attacks this way.

5. It's likely that third-party repos may break when SHA-1 is phased out in a few weeks. https://juliank.wordpress.com/2016/03/14/dropping-sha-1-support-in-apt/

6. Restricted extras do not work on my side again, even after updating and upgrading the system twice.

Let me know if there's something I can do to help resolve these problems.

Sam