Re: [Torios-dev] ToriOS Release Schedule - edition 1.0

Is it possible for the install CD/USB stick
to first scan the computer
and post up a message if the CPU is unsuitable
with recommendation for what distro would work.

I wish Ubuntu etc would do this
for non-pae CPUs

[george]

someone wrote:
There are hardly any non-pae computers left. The boot option forcepae in
Ubuntu 14.04 will provide a solution for Pentium M and Celeron M CPUs,
and in the very few (if any) remaining cases, we can offer ToriOS-Debian.

I suggest that ToriOS 2.0 will have an Ubuntu 14.04 LTS, 'Trusty'
version instead of Ubuntu 12.04 LTS (precise). I agree that there should
be a Debian Jessie version too.