Re: Busy with 16.04 LTS release

On 04/21/2016 08:15 AM, Ali/amjjawad wrote:

    The Debian version is the most viable right now, and only has
    visual bugs, at least that is what Nio and I have found in our
    recent intense testing of certain things in OBI and the software
    installer.

    If everything goes well in testing we will most likely mark this
    as the RC (Release Candidate) and fix the minor issues and release
    it soon after.

I see no mention for Ubuntu version?!
Hi Ali,
The precise version has the bug for network-manager in the Live ISO.
I have been busy fixing the bugs we can fix in OBI, and the Software installer programs. I have tried a few ways to fix the network-manager bug but have not had success. We have come across this bug in precise a few times, and have gotten it to disappear, but I am not entirely sure how it goes away or what is causing it. The Debian version has none of those issues, has more modern software and is supported for 4 more years.
So since you want to release ToriOS this month, this is our best candidate.
If you like I can build one from Xenial soon, and have a Ubuntu flavour, but it will not support PAE, unless we build our own kernel. Nio has stated we most likely do not need PAE support, mainly just a kernel flag to support most computers.

Xenial is quite similar to Debian, and should work fairly easily. I have tested many of our programs in Xenial already and they are working well.