Re: Making sure that the project isn't dead!

Den 2016-04-26 kl. 05:22, skrev Dru Rivas:
Hey, creators of ToriOS!

I'm working with my local school district (MWPISD) on restoring old
Windows XP-era computers for use in the classroom as research machines.
I've restored plenty of personal computers in the past, but I've been
having trouble finding an OS that works on these.

I've tried the basic go-to's: Puppy Linux, AntiX, Chromixium, but none
of them worked well enough for me. I then tried TinyCore, which proved
to be surprisingly powerful, but it was nowhere near user-friendly for
my tastes.

It was then that I discovered ToriOS, and it's been my favorite BY FAR!
I've wanted to link to the website so I can show teachers and staff
members, but I've noticed that it's only an abandoned WordPress!

Is there still any development on this? I don't want to see you guys
giving up yet! This has so much potential!

Have a splendid week,

Dru Rivas

Student trying to help out his school.

Hi Dru,

Try at

http://torios.top/

We are very close to releasing ToriOS 1.0, but there are a few bugs to squash before we are there. Get the current version based on Debian Jessie via the following zsync command line,

zsync http://phillw.net/isos/torios/ToriOS-Debian-daily.iso.zsync

-o-

You can get an older version via the following link

'ToriOS - ultra-light distro based on Ubuntu and the window manager JWM'