Re: [Torios-dev] Working ISO

On 05/31/2016 02:12 PM, Paul Sutton wrote:
Thanks for the update Paul,
Is there any way you could simply build a recent version (html please)
that I can include in the repo?

I don't know how to do that,  i did the jwm settings stuff as a separate
document so sam could include it, I felt this was the only way I could
include content without risking messing things up.  LaTeX is fantastic
for docs (which is why we are using it) but gets messy if there are
errors.

I am sure there were people working on just converting the docs from
latex to html.

Paul

Hi ToriOS,

I'm still reading these emails.

I've been very sick, and my academic work was completed with a different project.

If anyone reads online journals, you can learn more about my current health via my homepage.

Concerning the "newest" docs. No offline docs exist besides the small man files on GitHub [1]. I have a script that converts the Latex to HTML there too. Feel free to improve the Latex and/or scripts to however you see fit.

I recommend you use torios-manual 1.00 [2] for any implementation.

If ToriOS is currently in freeze. I can begin writing down a road map for the manual development, and I will have short pointers to help people to submit articles. We could use more writers for a complete, comprehensive offline documentation.

This is the current manual in development: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Tori-OS/torios-manual/master/torios-manual.txt

As Israel may recall, I stopped all development when changes to the installation script were being discussed.

Sam

[1] https://github.com/Tori-OS/old-torios-manual
[2] https://github.com/Tori-OS/old-torios-manual/tree/master/torios-manual-1.00 [3] https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Tori-OS/torios-manual/master/torios-manual.tx