Re: [PLEASE VOTE] Releasing ToriOS 1.0

On Thu, Aug 25, 2016 at 5:54 AM, Israel <israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 08/24/2016 06:11 AM, Ali/amjjawad wrote:
>
> Hi everyone,
>
> I did a quick test on:
> http://phillw.net/isos/torios/oldISO/ToriOS-2016-08-22-beta-jessie.iso
> MD5SUM: http://phillw.net/isos/torios/oldISO/md5sum-2016-08-22
>
> Installation was done successfully.
> However, post-installation specially when the list of the tasks shows up,
> there are some minor bugs.
>
> Despite the fact there are some minor bugs, I do give my approval to
> release 1.0 because if we shall not do this, it means we shall never ever
> do.
>
> Once 1.0 is released, we get more reports from more users and more chances
> to develop and improve.
>
> This is my +1 for releasing 1.0 so once we get 2 more (+1) we go ahead and
> do it.
>
> The final bits will be:
>
>    1. The release notes
>    2. update the website
>    3. some social network posts
>
> Thank you!
>
> --
> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>
> Best Regards,
> Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>
> +1

That's 4 votes so the green light and the final approval has been given,
FINALLY :D

> The bugs that Jack found (calendar app/cursors app) will be fixed in the
> currently building update (revision 374).  They are not show stoppers, but
> they are already fixed as well (well, once launchpad builds the debs that
> is).

I found other bugs (not aware of what you have mentioned though).
For me, the only show stopper would be an installation bug. Otherwise, I
will NOT wait any longer.

We need a meeting to add the final bits together.
If we failed to do that, then we have to use the mailing list (THIS ONE) +
Slack.

Can we do this ASAP, please?!

> --
> Regards