Re: [PLEASE VOTE] Releasing ToriOS 1.0

On 08/24/2016 06:11 AM, Ali/amjjawad wrote:
Hi everyone,

I did a quick test on:
http://phillw.net/isos/torios/oldISO/ToriOS-2016-08-22-beta-jessie.iso
MD5SUM: http://phillw.net/isos/torios/oldISO/md5sum-2016-08-22

Installation was done successfully.
However, post-installation specially when the list of the tasks shows up, there are some minor bugs.

Despite the fact there are some minor bugs, I do give my approval to release 1.0 because if we shall not do this, it means we shall never ever do.

Once 1.0 is released, we get more reports from more users and more chances to develop and improve.

This is my +1 for releasing 1.0 so once we get 2 more (+1) we go ahead and do it.

The final bits will be:

 1. The release notes
 2. update the website
 3. some social network posts

Thank you!

Best Regards,
Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>

+1
The bugs that Jack found (calendar app/cursors app) will be fixed in the currently building update (revision 374). They are not show stoppers, but they are already fixed as well (well, once launchpad builds the debs that is).