From: Torios <torios-bounces+jackdtrice=outlook.com@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> on behalf of Nio Wiklund <nio.wiklund@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: 04 April 2018 8:07 AM
To: Israel; torios- dev; torios
Subject: Re: [Torios] [Torios-dev] ToriOS 2.0 background

Den 2018-04-03 kl. 23:21, skrev Israel:
> On 04/03/2018 11:36 AM, Nio Wiklund wrote:
>>>

>> Hi Israel,
>>
>> Yes, it is a good idea generally. But if including 3 images will make
>> the size exceed some size limit, it is better to have only one image
>> in the default package (the tarball).
>>
>> Best regards
>> Nio
>
> Hey Nio,
>
> The size of the original current background is 187.3 KiB
>
> The size of the 3 smaller images is 107.8 KiB
>
> So we are actually saving 80(ish) KiB by changing to this.  I think this
> is really good because it offers more backgrounds, and reduces the size.
>
> Aside from that changing the size by KiB is not going to do much, we
> need to reduce it by MiB.  Systemd really made our footprint balloon
> pretty substantially, and make some things more complicated and not work
> as well... but... it is what it is :)  I will again try to limit the
> size of everything in the newer ISO, however I may have to dig deeper
> and look for things that I can get rid of, and see if I can shrink the
> tarball pretty substantially, OR
>
> a.) rework the live system to be extremely bare bones (text only) for a
> special CD sized ISO.
>
> b.) make an ISO with the tarball NOT included so it can be kept on a USB
> to install to keep it CD sized.

Hi Israel, and all toriosadores,

1. I am waiting for the opinions of you other toriosadores ... :-)

2. Instead of shrinking the tarball pretty substantially, I think your
alternatives, a.) and b.), are better.

If possible, I think it would be best with a text only live system for a
CD sized ISO file. But I have tested the alternative with a separate
tarball (or separate tarballs) with the original One Button Installer,
and if the user group people accept it, fine :-)