torios team mailing list archive
Mailing list archive
Too early for ToriOS to change its path
I'm not sure if you've read what Lubuntu team has published or not yet?
When there is "old computers", there is ToriOS.
I know the new path of Lubuntu is 'logical' but I also know it's too early
for ToriOS to give up just yet. In fact, it's a great chance for ToriOS to
<http://torios.top/about/>*ToriOS* <http://torios.top/about/> is a
GNU/Linux Operating System built for very old computers (*NON PAE
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Physical_Address_Extension>*) and for those
who are interested and brave enough to build their own system the way they
like from a fully working base with GUI and minimal installed packages by
default. *Our vision*
- Provide the ultimate *FREEDOM
<https://www.gnu.org/philosophy/philosophy.html>* for everyone.
- *KISS <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KISS_principle>* (*Keep It Simple
- Breathe new life into *old machines* as long as they have no hardware
fault (*can be turned on*).
- Offer 100% FREE of charge better alternative (*Free Open Source
Software*) to *Microsoft Windows XP
- A very *lightweight GNU/Linux Distribution for old computers
and/or for those who are looking for more fun.
- Spread the word of FOSS.
- Open the door for students and GNU/Linux
<https://www.gnu.org/gnu/linux-and-gnu.en.html> community to learn and
contribute by *joining our project <http://torios.top/join/>*.
- Thinking differently.
- Make the use of a computer more fun and enjoyable.
Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."