Re: booting the iso file

Den 2019-04-06 kl. 09:21, skrev Paul Sutton:
Hi

While writing the virtual machine manager install guide for the manual
the iso file for ToriOS 1.5 appeared to start up fine.l I then used dd
to create a phyiscal install media,l

as root

dd if=TOrios15.iso of=/dev/sdf status=progress

My debian desktop failed to even mount the device to display in file
manager (confirms write was ok)  I then try and boot it, the screen on
my netbook does not even see the device.

I then created a disk with a different distro and that works fine. As in
displays in file manager.  I know there is nothing wrong with that
device, just when it is a ToriOS boot device.

I will re-download the iso later but it may be worth someone double
checking this.  Can anyone perhaps confirm any issues please.

Regards

Paul

Hi Paul,

I created a USB boot drive by cloning with mkusb from

ToriOS-1.5-jessie.iso

with the md5sum

e458c796f8d16e5fe95a7a0ee60d9d16

to a Sandisk Cruzer 4 GB pendrive.

'Cloning is cloning', so cloning with dd should give exactly the same result (if you use the correct command line).

This USB boot drive works for me. I tested it in an ASUS eeePC 900 netbook (with 32-bit hardware), and also in an Intel NUC (with 64-bit hardware).