Re: Time Investment

On Wed, July 1, 2020 11:14 pm, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
> I have some ideas for the future of ToriOS. Before I share what I have, I
>  just want to know who is willing to invest sometime into the project?
> otherwise, it would be pointless to share ideas that will remain only
> ideas without a real implementation. Again, this is about the future of
> the project.
>
> Let me know if you are still interested.

I'm a programmer (C/C++ developer).  I would be interested in getting more
involved in ToriOS.  I have my own project going on which involves
finding, patching, building, customizing interesting lightweight FLOSS
programs.  I build most of the programs I use from source and use my own
package manager.  Not sure how to integrate anything I'm working on with
the Debian package manager or how best to create packages for it at this
point.  I do have one Debian package I experimented with creating using
Alien for the latest version of Tuxmath if anyone wants to try it out.
It's in alpha state right now because no one's tested it.  If there's
overlap on what I'm working on and ToriOS's goals, would be happy to
volunteer to help out.

Sincerely,
Laura
http://lmemsm.dreamwidth.org