Re: Time Investment

On Fri, Jul 3, 2020 at 7:06 AM Israel Dahl <israeldahl@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 7/2/20 2:14 AM, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:
>
> Dear ToriOS family,
>
> Hope you are doing well.
>
> I have some ideas for the future of ToriOS. Before I share what I have, I
> just want to know who is willing to invest sometime into the project?
> otherwise, it would be pointless to share ideas that will remain only ideas
> without a real implementation. Again, this is about the future of the
> project.
>
> Let me know if you are still interested.
>
> Thank you!
> --
> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>
> Best Regards,
> Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>
> @Paul thanks for being patient!
>
> @Laura thanks for wanting to help!  I think our goals overlap well, and
> could do with more hands on deck.  My main goal for ToriOS is to make
> things easy to use, and look fairly nice on as old of hardware as possible.
>
> @Ali/ and everyone else

Hello Israel, it's great to read yet again from you.

> I live in America and things are really weird here right now, not sure how
> things are going to go.  Employment is hit or miss right now, and of course
> this country's 'response' to coronavirus is the main uncertainty.  If I get
> back to some sort of normal I will be able to have time.

I'm aware of this. Here in Australia, life might not be as bad as life in
America but, COVID-19 is driving everyone crazy.

I like ToriOS a lot, that said I have been using mostly Arch lately, for my
> own computer to have some programs up to date that Debian/Ubuntu didn't
> have.

That's great!

I really want to join forces with all the small distros to form a common
> base, or some way to share all our niche programs.  I think this would be
> the most helpful!

I'm sure we shall find a way, no doubt, as long as we love this project.

> --
> Regards,
>  Israel

Thank you so much!