Re: [Suggestion] A Telegram Group

Hi All

I am installing the telegram desktop app on Debian now,  I think for me,
in terms of privacy I am more concerned about what the larger tech
companies are doing in terms of data collection, tracking etc,

So question before going further, post install, loaded up the
application and it is asking for my mobile phone number,  will this cost
me anything ? I don't use my phone at all, other than for receiving 2
factor codes. I have no desire to be contactable 24/7.   I can't afford
to be charged anything due to lack of funds (serious lack of funds). I
am on pay as you go, so it is a basic phone, (not smart) so when the
credits run out I top up (so not very often)

Anyway, I will see if I can join the telegram group.

Paul

On 12/08/2020 19:25, Ali Linx (amjjawad) wrote:

> On Sun, Aug 9, 2020 at 12:32 PM Ali Linx (amjjawad) <amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx
> <mailto:amjjawad@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:
>
>     Dear all,
>
>     How about Telegram for faster communication?
>     I'm more than happy to share my Telegram ID:
>     https://t.me/Ali8020Mentor
>
>     More about Telegram:
>     https://telegram.org/
>

> Pedro Albuquerque, thank you for joining ToriOS Telegram Group.
> I appreciate that.
>

>     With Telegram, you don't have to share your phone number. It's more
>     secure and has tons of great features. While it's not a great tool
>     for team management like Slack, it has the quickest and simplest
>     communication feature, that is voice messaging. *For me, it is a
>     life saviour. **
>     *
>     Texting is a blind language. It's hard to get the idea sometimes.
>
>     Anyway, we all agreed that 'this' mailing list is our official main
>     platform for daily communication until further notice. However, as
>     we live in this crazy world, I find it even more crazier to depend
>     only on one platform and keep ignoring the rest.
>
>     Remember: I do care about getting the job/task done.
>     I don't really care whether it's open or closed. There is nothing
>     called 'privacy' when you are online. It's a myth. Any government
>     can easily 'monitor' anything they wish or want so wasting time
>     looking for the 'most secure' platform isn't my cup of tea. The
>     browser can listen to my voice and whenever I open a new tab, I find
>     the same service or product I was talking about a while ago on my
>     screen. If you care about your privacy, be totally offline.
>
>     The most important reason why I'm suggesting 'Telegram' is because
>     my phone is on most of the time while my PC isn't.
>     I can access my Telegram x100 times faster than I access my inbox.
>
>     Thank you!
>     P.S.
>     If you wish to send me a message on Telegram, just tell me who you
>     are so I can add you.
>
>     --
>     Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>
>     Best Regards,
>     Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>
>

> --
> Remember: "All of us are smarter than any one of us."
>
> Best Regards,
> Ali/amjjawad <https://wiki.ubuntu.com/amjjawad>

--
Paul Sutton