I am sorry, I can't do this :(

Hey everyone,

As many of you know I live in America, and I am part of the lower caste
of society here.  I have lived in poverty for many years, and this was
part of my drive to help with ToriOS, as it can revitalize computers
that people like me use, and people in countries with much more intense
poverty need.  Over the course of the pandemic it has become
increasingly clear that the US does not care about people like me, and
does not really care about the pandemic.  I am currently in the
situation of many Americans where I do not know if I will have housing
very soon.  As a poor person, I have no savings, no college degree, and
of course very little work (the pandemic has wrought havoc on many
jobs).  I have had to pick and choose what bills to pay, and now have
many things that I cannot pay for.

It would be really unwise for me to commit any time to ToriOS for the
foreseeable future, as I cannot reliably commit that I will live inside,
or have internet.  I think I will be able to afford rent this coming
month, but work has slowed to a crawl for me.  I had worked in the
restaurant industry last summer, managing the back of house,  as well as
cleaning windows.  My wife had also worked as a baker, house cleaner, a
potter, a seamstress, and a few other things.  She lost her job due to
our son having a fever and her boss being one of those QAnon people that
think the pandemic is made up.  My wife was fired because she thought it
wise to stay home when our kid had a fever and there was no way to get
tested (that was back in March... I think).

Unfortunately, I need to figure out how to pay for basic things (find a
different job in a pandemic when there are so many less jobs?), and I
have to focus on continuing to have fun with the kids.  The government
does not give us any money (ineligible for unemployment, since I have
not lost my self employed job), and has stalled every effort to help the
poor, during this global crisis.  We cannot, in good conscience, send
our kids to a public school, so only one of us can work at a time.

Anyhow, sorry to tell everyone how bleak it is for impoverished
Americans, but I have to try to explain why I must take an indefinite
leave from all these types of self-enrichment pursuits.  I hope the best
for you, and I am sad that I am saying all of this...  Sorry again to
everyone, but life in America is probably not going to get better,
rather October is right around the corner and my country is trying to
recreate the 1918 pandemic response nearly verbatim.

--
Regards,
 Israel

Follow ups