tortoisebzr-developers team mailing list archive

plugging in to tbzr

Hi All,

  I'm working on a custom file-backup-and-sharing utility which is
written in Python, and displays some simple status icon overlays and
context menus.  It seems like I'm currently in much the same position as
TortoiseBZR was a little while ago - with a prototype shell extension
written in Python, but needing to migrate to a C++ solution to avoid
sucking the Python DLL into every process.

  From the docs, it sounds like the tbzr code is designed to be
relatively VCS-agnostic, so I'm hoping I can plug my app into it and
help push along its development, rather than duplicating all the work
you guys have done so far.  Do you think this would be a sensible thing
to attempt at this stage in tbzr development?

  I'm planning to spend the next few days familiarising myself with the
tbzr codebase, but any pointers on where to start would certainly be
appreciated.

  Cheers,

     Ryan

--