toshiba-tablet team mailing list archive

Rotate support

Hi!

I subscribed a few days ago and apparently nobody's used the list yet,
so I thought I'd send the list's inaugural email.  I have a Toshiba
Tablet M7, and you can see about where it stands today on the wiki. I
haven't updated it in a while -- maintaining huge wiki tables is
painful.

Anyways, I'm curious if anyone has researched tablet rotation in any
detail.  I've gotten a script together that rotates tablet input and
video correctly, but it's a) driver dependent and b) only supports two
rotations.  Ideally, Ubuntu would recognize the tablet having been
converted, and trigger the internal software rotate script to a
default position, and the rotate button would allow you to cycle among
options.  I'm stuck on three points: finding out the tablet conversion
event, reliably gathering the current rotation, and getting Ubuntu to
recognize the buttons on the tablet itself.

If anyone has resources to share, please reply with them! ^_^

Justin Dugger

Follow ups