toshiba-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: xsetwacom

On Sat, Jun 21, 2008 at 2:42 PM, Vincenzo Ciancia <ciancia@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> With my Tecra M7, I have to use xsetwacom "xsetwacom set stylus
>> button2 3" in order to get right click working correctly. Does anyone
>> *not* have to do this?
>>

> As negative questions might be affected by people not answering at
> all :) I may say that I have to do this. It seems we need something like
> the machinery that maps the keys on various laptops, for tablets. Each
> tablets seems to need its own mapping. I reported a bug about this but
> had few success and I think the bug has been closed.

HAL, and hal-info in particular, are probably the place to look to do
this. It's essentially a rule engine that can be used to match
hardware to rules.  I haven't quite figured it out yet, but I think
you should take a look. One of the lead maintainers works for SuSE and
has a soft spot for tabletPCs. His website at
http://dkukawka.blogspot.com/ .

I too have had problems with what I will call the "Bug Assassination
Squad" drive-by closing valid bugs. I don't know what can be done
about it except maybe document it when it happens. You can use
Launchpad to do an advanced search from it and look for closed bugs of
yours.

Justin