toshiba-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Toshiba Tecra automatic tablet screen rotation

Justin Dugger ha scritto:

You can also use 3D accelerometer to automatically detect your tablet
orientation and rotate screen as you go rotating your tablet, and it
will go round and round. :)  There is a description of how to do this
for IBM X41 in another bug-report on the launchpad.  I suppose, that one
can manage to do this for M7 also (maybe some digging on the internet
will be needed).

I always thought that the accelerometer on the toshiba tablets is different from the one on the IBMs, and in particular the toshiba one is unsupported under linux. If I am wrong, we should prepare a package which automatises accelerometer support - and a startup session script that rotates the tablet automatically - and maybe some cool cube rotation under compiz :) That'd be probably easy and fun to do.

Vincenzo