toshiba-tablet team mailing list archive

Re: Toshiba Tecra automatic tablet screen rotation

> >> You can also use 3D accelerometer to automatically detect your tablet
> >> orientation and rotate screen as you go rotating your tablet, and it
> >> will go round and round. :)  There is a description of how to do this
> >> for IBM X41 in another bug-report on the launchpad.  I suppose, that one
> >> can manage to do this for M7 also (maybe some digging on the internet
> >> will be needed).
>
> I always thought that the accelerometer on the toshiba tablets is
> different from the one on the IBMs, and in particular the toshiba one is
> unsupported under linux. If I am wrong, we should prepare a package
> which automatises accelerometer support - and a startup session script
> that rotates the tablet automatically - and maybe some cool cube
> rotation under compiz :) That'd be probably easy and fun to do.

Yeah, it's different. But it seems to me, that I've seen somewhere on
the web that in Linux SPI support-framework (something like that, or
even HDAPS) there is support now for the sensor that Toshiba uses.

I'll look myself again at the places that I suppose I had seen it.