u1db-discuss team mailing list archive

Re: u1db 0.0.2 (second tech preview) released

What has changed since last time is too much to list here, but the
up-to-date documentation[3] is now hosted here:

And the first serious bug has been reported and fixed (though not in the release.) This page:

http://packages.python.org/u1db/quickstart.html

has a mistake, which didn't get caught because of a bug in the python implementation of Document.

Do not set .content to a json string, it is meant to be only set to a dictionary or dictionary like object (anything that json.dumps will turn into a json 'object'.) The bug is that Document will happily let you do this, and allow itself to be stored to the db as something that is no longer readable by u1db.

[3]: All the code examples are run by the test suite, and I've gone
through all of the text to check for out of date information, but if you
find any other inaccuracies, typos, or lies, please let me know.

--
eric casteleijn
https://launchpad.net/~thisfred