u1db-discuss team mailing list archive

u1db tech preview 0.0.3 released

We just released 0.0.3 of u1db. This fixed one rather serious issue:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/u1db/+bug/1028036

and makes the following change to the API:

In keeping with the distinction between get_json()/set_json() and .content, we now offer two ways to create a new document:

db.create_doc(content) - This now takes a dictionary (or something that behaves enough like it for it to translate into a JSON object.) This is an optional part of the API for implementers, since not all languages natively offer dictionary-like data types.

db.create_doc_from_json(json_string) - This is new, and takes a JSON object. (i.e., something like '{"foo": "bar", "baz": "qux"}'. This is a mandatory part of the API.

--
eric casteleijn
https://launchpad.net/~thisfred