ubiquity-slideshow team mailing list archive

Changes to the slideshow

First, congratulations to Dylan on becoming an Ubuntu Member last night.

I've changed the packaging of the slideshow to accommodate the growing
number of slideshow packages we're producing.  Each installer
slideshow package continues to provide the ubiquity-slideshow virtual
package, but now also conflicts and replaces on it, meaning that you
can only have one installer slideshow package installed at once.  With
this, I've changed all the installer slideshow packages to put their
files in /usr/share/ubiquity-slideshow.

This means that all a derivative distribution needs to do is add their
respective slideshow package to their seeds and the installer will be
able to use it without needing to hard code its path in ubiquity.

For the upgrade slideshows (of which there is only one at the moment),
I've changed them to provide the ubiquity-slideshow-upgrade virtual
package, conflicting and replacing on it as well.  The upgrade
slideshows place their files in /usr/share/ubiquity-slideshow-upgrade.

As html2po is no longer provided in translate-toolkit in Debian, I've
also switched the build system over to po4a and updated the
translations from Launchpad, to ensure that everything is still
working smoothly.

All of this has been uploaded to the archive as ubiquity-slideshow 15.

Follow ups