ubiquity-slideshow team mailing list archive

Re: Changes to the slideshow

On Fri, 2010-02-26 at 14:51 +0000, Evan Dandrea wrote:
> First, congratulations to Dylan on becoming an Ubuntu Member last night.

Thank you :)

> I've changed the packaging of the slideshow to accommodate the growing
> number of slideshow packages we're producing.  Each installer
> slideshow package continues to provide the ubiquity-slideshow virtual
> package, but now also conflicts and replaces on it, meaning that you
> can only have one installer slideshow package installed at once.  With
> this, I've changed all the installer slideshow packages to put their
> files in /usr/share/ubiquity-slideshow.

Sounds sane.

> As html2po is no longer provided in translate-toolkit in Debian, I've
> also switched the build system over to po4a and updated the
> translations from Launchpad, to ensure that everything is still
> working smoothly.

That looks really nice. Wish I'd known about it before my crazy
workaround for po2html's file mangling via cmp and the like :)
Thanks for making it all nice and tidy, Evan. I'll miss waiting
excitedly for the HTML comments patch to ship, though. This one doesn't
seem to do that either.

I love the -k feature in po4a-translate! There's another horribly ugly
hack gone. I wonder if it makes sense to configure that to only allow
100% translations for the final release, since partial translations are
pretty weird looking and take up a lot of space with the current
approach. I guess the translation team is the best group to ask about
that...

> All of this has been uploaded to the archive as ubiquity-slideshow 15.

This reminds me: there are a few weird translations. en_CA, en_AU and
en_GB have every single msgid duplicated in its msgstr (instead of
msgstr being left blank). Do you know if that's something Rosetta does
magically, or indeed a bizarre error in need of fixing?

Thanks,
Dylan

PS: By the way, Evan, did you know about bzr uncommit? Looks like you
fixed a little error right after another commit; the uncommit command
saves you from such things :)