ubuntu-389-directory-server team mailing list archive

Re: I've encountered three more issues. misconfigured libs/settings, and a segfault on starting admin server. Here's all the relevant information:

30.12.2011 02:16, Christ Schlacta kirjoitti:
> So three issues.  First some preamble.  I've been having a go of
> installing 389 on centos, ubuntu, and fedora.  So far centos is the only
> one that went off without a hitch :(  I'm running all of them in kvm
> virtual machines on ubuntu oneiric.
>
> At the bottom of this e-mail is some useful information about my system,
> if you need anything else, feel free to ask.
>
> the first issue is a missing dependency on apache2.  without the apache2
> package, the setup process fails, though I can't remember where.  I've
> since included it in my install/purge lists every time I try to re-run
> the install process.

Yes, there will be a metapackage called "389-ds" which will make
installing easier, though the apache2 dependency should be in one of the
real packages. I'll fix it.

> The second issue is some misconfigured libraries somewhere during
> scripting or install.  I'm not really sure where the problem is, but
> there's a simple workaround, shown below.

Right, seems that 389-admin is not multiarchified yet, so the script is
looking at the wrong path.

> the third issue is a segfault when running start-ds-admin .  I've tried
> a little hacking to further identify the issue, but haven't been able to
> identify it.  Simply, a segmentation fault occurs.  I apologize for not
> having more information.

I haven't tried it myself, could be a symptom of the above. Maybe I
won't be able to fix the issues until next week, but we'll see..