Displaying accomplishments on a website

I have this idea in my head that someone's already working on a website which displays accomplishments that you've got. This is a cool idea, and one I'd love to see. I've also got some ideas about how it might actually work, so I thought I'd write them down :)

Jono's already written about the "matrix", the machine which signs accomplishments. That machine should run a web server with the accomplishments site on it. The beauty of that particular plan is... the matrix already has everyone's accomplishments! So, to display accomplishments for a particular person, all we need is for the website to know their Ubuntu identity, and then we know which accomplishments they've got. And, conveniently, letting people know your Ubuntu identity is what Ubuntu SSO (login.ubuntu.com) is for. Hooray! So, the site could be implemented very cheaply that way. Simply have it allow users to sign in with OpenID via login.ubuntu.com, and then present that user with (a) a web view of their accomplishments (displayed by looking in the folder that they've shared with the matrix), and (b) a tickbox somewhere saying "make these public". If they're marked public, then the website makes http://thewebsite/(user's Ubuntu identity) available as a URL showing their accomplishments... and we're done. Hooray, again!

This is a sort of brain dump and therefore probably doesn't make a great deal of sense, but it's really to start a conversation about putting Ubuntu Accomplishments on the web in a verifiable way. Sounds like a fun project for someone :-)

sil

Follow ups