Re: questions about the spec

Hi Janos,

On 11 March 2012 09:38, Janos Gyerik <janos.gyerik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jono,
>
> On IRC discussions a few questions emerged which we're not sure about.
>
> 1. Should it be possible to propose completely new Accomplishments? Or
> only changes to an existing one?

My hunch is that we start with just editing existing accomplishments
right now, but in the future it include adding new ones. Part of why
adding new ones is more complex is that each community accomplishment
requires a verification script (in the /scripts/ dir).

> 2. It would be nice to have documentation for each field in our
> models, we still don't know exactly what some of them are, such as
> needsinformation, needssigning, but others too are not very clear.

Absolutely, does
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accomplishments/Creating#Create_an_.accomplishment_file
this help?

> 3. Do we need to keep a history of proposals? Or can we just delete
> them after moderators approve or reject?

My hunch is that for now we just accept or reject.

> 4. What exactly happens when a moderator adds some message while
> reviewing a proposal? I guess we send an email to the author of the
> proposal. Do we store it? Do we display it anywhere? Can it become not
> a single message, but a discussion?

I am not sure. My hunch was that this could work in a similar way to a
merge proposal in Launchpad - there is a short conversation thread
somewhere while the contribution is evaluated. Do you think that makes
sense?

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon