Re: django model inheritance dilemma

> I would agree that the proposals should be unique as well to make the
> transition easier and avoid two non-unique proposals to be 'accepted'
> since that would cause a conflict.

Not sure we're on the same page ;-)

The issue in question is uniqueness of
application+accomplishment_descriptor. This should be unique in
Accomplishment, but not in AccomplishmentProposal, because we want to
have multiple proposals for the same
application+accomplishment_descriptor.

Actually David commented (and maybe forgot to hit "reply all") that
abstract model inheritance in django could be a good solution. I will
add a trello for this soon.

About conflicts, I think there will not be conflicts, because saving
changes to an accomplishment won't be patch or merge operation, but a
simple overwrite. I could be totally wrong, but the way I imagine it
is moderators look at proposals, and take from it what they like and
ignore what they don't, and they just want to overwrite. Of course if
multiple moderators overwrite an accomplishment at the same time that
would be a problem. Anyway all this is a hypothesis (about the
overwriting), maybe somebody can confirm how this should work.

Cheers,
Janos
--
Janos Gyerik