Accomplishments Translations

Hi Everyone,

I know Janos, David and co are busy fleshing out the details for the
Web Editor, and this reminded me something I have been blissfully
ignoring since I started building the project, but something we should
start discussing...translations.

Right now all accomplishments are in English. I think though that
adding support for multiple translations should be fairly
straight-forward, but this support will make the web editor project
more important than ever as it could provide a means for our
translations community to contribute translations.

>From the perspective of the core system, I think it could work like this:

 * In each accomplishments set we would have a sub-directory for each
language (e.g. `ubuntu-community/accomplishments/ubuntu-community/en_gb`,
`ubuntu-community/accomplishments/ubuntu-community/fr`,
`ubuntu-community/accomplishments/ubuntu-community/de`).
 * When the user runs the GUI we detect their language setting and
then load the relavent language sub-dir. If the user's language is not
available for a given accomplishment, we then default to showing the
English accomplishment information.

>From the Web Editor perspective, I guess this will mean adding an
extra field to AccomplishmentBase and AccomplishmentProposal for the
language and then expose a means for for the user to be able to select
which language to contribute to.

David Planella has significant translations experience here, so I am
keen to see what he suggests for how we could do this too. There may
be a way where we can support the translation of accomplishment files
in Launchpad, but I am not sure Launchpad support ConfigParser INI
files.

  Jono

--
Jono Bacon