Internationalization and localization of the web editor

Hi,

Internationalization and localization of the web editor is a very
challenging task, but I think we haven't really discussed it yet, so
let's do it now. Here I just want to put forth some initial ideas, to
be challenged and improved until we have a good picture of how this
should work. I also would like to say up front that I won't have time
soon enough to implement myself, so this challenging task will be up
for grabs for the brave ;-)

1. Accomplishments should be translatable: the same Accomplishment
should be available in many languages
2. AccomplishmentProposals are language specific: to the Italian
translation of an Accomplishment you can only propose changes in
Italian
3. Dependencies are not language specific: Accomplishments depend on
other Accomplishments, not on a translation. The language is not part
of the dependency relation.
4. Some Accomplishments may not have English translation at all: there
may be Accomplishments that only make sense within the Italian Ubuntu
community, and there may be no need for English translation

Please change, improve or add to the above points. Let's sort this out
and add to the specs.
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Accomplishments/Specs/WebEditor

Since this will require a major change in the Django model, this
should be a top priority task.

Although I'm focusing on the web editor now, the subject is probably
just as important for the desktop app too.

Cheers,
Janos
--
Janos Gyerik