Re: Internationalization and localization of the web editor

On 1 April 2012 13:06, Janos Gyerik <janos.gyerik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What I meant is major changes to the current model, something like in
> the attached graph.
>
> The new model assumes that proposals are for text related changes, for
> fields like title, description, summary, tips, etc, while core
> "technical" fields cannot be changed, such as: descriptor,
> application, depends, icon, category. Needless to say, this will be
> huge work: the model, the forms, the unit tests...
>
> Jono: if all fields (even depends, icon, category) need be subject to
> proposals, the model can be adjusted, just let us know.

This looks good to me: I think the way you have broken this out you
have identified which text fields people are going to want to change.
If the static fields that can't be edited need changing, they can
always be changed in the branch with a text editor.

One small suggestion - you may want AccomplismentProposal.lang to be a
foreign key to another table that lists all the available languages
for a given accomplishment set (this could be scanned (scanning which
lang subdirs are available)).

> Let me know what you think, and if anybody wants to do this (because
> I'm already slow with other tasks).

Would anyone else like to work on this to help keep this moving along?

Thanks, Janos, and everyone!

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon