Re: registration of user shares now works on the web gallery

Hi Janos,

On Wed, Jun 13, 2012 at 12:18 PM, Janos Gyerik <janos.gyerik@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Jono,
>
> I'm happy to announce that Gabriel implemented a very nice feature, from now
> it is possible to register a user's share id nicely:
>
> 1. The desktop app opens a link in a browser:
> http://the-future-web-gallery/user/addshare?id=the-share-id
>
> 2. The user will be redirected to launchpad for openid login
>
> 3. Upon successful login, the user will be redirected to his/her profile
> page where he/she can change username
>
> After this the user will be able to see his/her own trophies. This will work
> even if the user previously logged in to the web gallery and already had a
> user there. When visiting the web gallery from the desktop app (which you
> will implement in the future), the web gallery will do the right thing, and
> make the association with the share. Another example is if the user changes
> PC and the share id changes, then simply open the desktop app, click on the
> button that will redirect to the web gallery, and the share id will be
> correctly updated.
>
> It is also possible to "unset" the share id, that will have a similar (but
> not quite the same) effect as physically removing the WEBVIEW file.
>
> So thanks Gabriel, and keep 'em coming ;-)

This is absolutely wonderful news! Thanks so much for your efforts
Gabriel and Janos; I think the web gallery is going to be a hugely
popular part of the Ubuntu Accomplishments system. It will be awesome
when people can showcase their accomplishments, share them on social
media networks, embed them on their websites and all the other
potential opportunities that are possible.

Thanks for your fantastic work!

   Jono

--
Jono Bacon