Re: viewer now needs a gwibber-gtk package dependency to work

On Sun, Jul 22, 2012 at 7:34 AM, Rafał Cieślak
<rafalcieslak256@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> 2012/7/22 Silver Fox <silver-fox@xxxxxxxxxx>:
>> Option 5:
>>
>> Remove the gwibber widget and do all the sharing via HTML and JS.
>>
>> Socialite[1] caught my eye, not tested it yet though.
>>
>> [1]  https://github.com/dbushell/Socialite
>>
>> --
>> Ubuntu Forums Council Member
>> Ubuntu Membership Board Member
>>

> That would miss all the goodies we can gain by integrating with
> gwibber - mostly accounts information. (And in case Socialite can
> somehow fetch account details from gwibber, then it still means we
> need to depend on one of gwibber libraries).

I agree, I think we should use the Gwibber API: it buys us some nice
integration into Ubuntu.

My inclination here is that we add the package as a 'recommends' and
then wrap the social media code in the viewer/daemon with 'try'
statements that are executed if the module is present. Make sense?

     Jono

--
Jono Bacon
Ubuntu Community Manager