Re: Quantal Builds

On 08/07/2012 03:25 PM, Jono Bacon wrote:
On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 9:41 AM, Matt Fischer
<matthew.fischer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
I don't think you need to do anything to the PPA.  You'll have to dput two
versions, one with precise as the distroseries and one with quantal.  In
between you'll rerun debuild.  I can help if you'd like.
But don't I need to rev the version number if I have already dput a
precise package (e.g. add 'quantal1' to the end of the version)?

    Jono

So I was going to tell you no, but I talked to a real packaging expert and he says the official right way is that quantal would be the main version, like 0.3 and then precise is technically a "backport" so it's 0.3~precise1. The ~, I'm told, denotes a backport. The precise version has a new changelog entry, not a modified one. So the changelog would be something like:

accomps (0.3~precise1) precise;  urgency=low

  * backport to precise

accomps (0.3) quantal; urgency=low

  * releasing 0.3
  * fixed some bugs...

If we do this, I'll need to fix the build recipes too.