Meeting summary - October 4th & our plan for next weeks

Hello everyone,

I'd like to share details concerning what was discussed on today's
meeting. Only me and Matt were present, so we're looking for comments,
especially from Jono, who may know things we are not aware of ;-)

 1. We decided that since the daemon is quite stable in current state,
our work for 0.4/1.0 should focus on improving the viewer, which
includes implementing a more beautiful 'showcase' design, code
reorganization and cleanup.
 2. It's not clear if we're aiming for 0.4 or 1.0. With 1.0 released
we guarantee we'll support it, while another 0. release gives us a bit
more space to breath, and including new features that turn everything
around won't be that much pain. On the other hand, we failed to find
what else huge we may want to change soon.
 3. For the next few weeks, it may be most wise to concentrate on
planning for UDS.
   * We need to either:
     - Find an expert in GTK who wants to become a viewer developer.
     - Find JavaScript/CSS expert(s) who want to become a viewer developer.
     - Depending on who we find, the viewer will continue to feature
GtkIconView based trophies browser (with a background etc), or we'll
make heavier use of webkit and use it with interactive JavaScript to
display trophies collection.
   * We need to plan the blueprints concerning UAS.
     - A rumor claims that Michael Hall is doing a session on server
and online gallery.
     - We'll need a viewer-oriented blueprint: fixes, technologies,
features and design.
     - We'll also need a session where we might brainstorm ideas on
how we can improve the default accoms collections. I'll try gathering
the feedback we get from others on a wiki page to sum up what the main
concerns are.
   * When decided on that, we'll reach out and ask interested to
participate. Of course everyone is very welcome, as every idea counts.

Please share your comments, we will be happy to update our plan having
considered your ideas!

Cheers,
Rafał Cieślak

Follow ups