Script Idea

Hi everyone!

Maybe we could join Emily's idea into the script by Hendrix. Instead of a
non-speaking presenter (a bit unpersonal), we could have a dialogue between
people.

SCENE OPENS

OUT SIDE COFFEE SHOP, A FEW PEOPLE SITTING AT OUTSIDE TABLES AND ONE WALKING
BY. TWO WOMEN ARE AT A TABLE, CHATTING. WOMAN1 OPENS THE LAPTOP.

Woman2: Hey, your laptop boots really fast!

Woman1: I use Ubuntu, it's an operating system based on Linux.

Woman2: Isn't it hard to learn? I heard it has only text!

WOMAN1 SHOWCASES UNITY

Woman1: Not at all. Look, this is called the Unity interface. I can open up
software and find my files easily.

Woman2: Yes, but I heard you can't install applications easily, it's too
technical!

WOMAN1 STARTS SHOWCASING THE SOFTWARE CENTER

Woman1: Not anymore. See? This is the Software Center. Here you can find and
install many apps, most of which are free! Right now, there are (insert
incredibly eye-popping high number here) of apps available. Plus, you don't
have to chase updates. The update manager informs you of updates.

AS IF BY MAGIC, THE UPDATE MANAGER OPENS UP SHOWING SOFTWARE UPDATES.
Woman2: But I don't really like the way it looks. It's too dark.

WOMAN1 OPENS THE SYSTEM TAB FROM UNITY.

Woman1: Don't worry, you can change anything on Ubuntu. Look, this is the
System tabs. I can change all the options from here.

WOMAN1 OPENS THE APPEARANCE PREFERENCES

Woman1: I can customize how it looks. I can change the theme, the icons, the
cursor... And I can find new ones easily from the internet.
Woman2: Wow! I want to give it a shot!

WOMAN1 GRABS A CD WHICH WAS CONVENIENTLY IN HER BAG.

Woman1: Here. It's a Live CD.

Woman2: What does that mean?

Woman1: It means you can try it without installing it. If you like it, you
can install it for free!

Woman2: Wow! That's really nice!

Woman1: and the best part is: it is free.

THE SCENCE STARTS FADING OFF, THE WOMAN ARE SMILING AND LAUGHING.

UBUNTU LOGO AND THE FOLLOWING WORDS APPEAR:
"Ubuntu. For Human Beings".

Of course, the dialog can be improved. What do you think? Maybe it will be
too long, so instead of one big dialogue, we could cut it down in several
ads and in each one show an aspect of Ubuntu.

Regards,
Tarek.