Re: One of my advertisement ideas

2010/11/30 Jason Odoom <jasonodoom@xxxxxxxxx>

> Emily,
>
>  Your ideas are lovely, and so are your Illustrations. But we cannot
> mention any company that is not affiliated with Ubuntu (wish we could
> though). I am not rejecting your idea nonetheless, never. Can you please
> edit it and turn in another one? :) Its great though, but just needs to be
> edited to get rid of any mentioning of Microsoft and Apple. Thank you.

There's a nice comic like story made by Franco Iacomella and Iris Fernández
from *Gleducar* <http://www.gleducar.org.ar>, it's available for
download<http://wiki.gleducar.org.ar/images/4/41/Historieta.zip%20>
It's in spanish but it tells two different families computer experience. One
of them buy a brand new computer and the other second hand hardware.
At first time, brand new guys are excited all works great. Their neighbors
notes that the used PC is not working well so the decided to call an uncle
to get help installing ubuntu.
Family who was once happy has no clue a this time on what to do, the trial
period has expired. Brochures from computer box 'invites' them to buy some
licenses... but they don't have any more money.
The other family, get ubuntu installed and they love it.
As new computer needs working software now one of their sons installed an
illegal copy which causes a massive virus infection. As they really need to
work decided to knock neighbor door. And the recent ubuntu users installs
them OpenOffice.org (would be better LibreOffice now), among and they make
sure that new PC family can enjoy the same freedoms as them.
Another problem for new PC family appears using internet, several pop-up
opening make impossible no browse the net. Once again, neighbor recommend to
install Firefox.
Making some homework neighbor help is required once again, new pc user is
guided through community help also she's invited to post an updated
solution. And after done that she received many thanks.

Is a nice approach, isn't it?

regards

PD: Sorry for my english.