Global-isation?

A recent comment here about aspects of adverts in different countries
raised a nice point. The specific discussion was about legality, which
changes for different countries.

However, there are *many* more aspects which change with countries.
For example, culture.

Do global organisations use the *same* advert in different countries??
I am only really aware of one, the CocaCola advert 'I'd like to teach
the World to sing....' which took the world by storm  and even turned
into a pop single.
Now, if we could do something similar with Ubuntu...... (I wish)

I believe that cultural differences may need to be taken into account
to get the best from adverts.

--
alan cocks
Ubuntu user