[Fwd: RE: Research required ...]

On Tue, 2010-12-28 at 12:37 -0600, John Vrbanac wrote:
> However, there aren't very
> many programs that you can say they are a real alternative. Using Shotwell
> or F-Spot instead of Lightroom is a great example. Shotwell is a great
> application, but it's are nowhere near a real alternative to Lightroom from
> a photographers perspective.

DigiKam and Bibble are supposed to be good.  Bibble is a for pay
professional alternative to Lightroom.  I have heard that some
professionals think its even better than lightroom.  I'm not in touch
with an photo pros so it's hard to research this one.  Anyone out there
with photo-expertise?

Regards,		Barry Drake

Follow ups