Planning report.

Hi there ....  as requested during the last meeting, reports are
required before the next one.  For tonight's meeting:

Planning matters.

I've put quite a few items on the pre-meeting notepad under planning.
I've e-mailed all the colleges close to Nottingham that do a drama
course hoping that one of them might take up where Gloucester left off.
So far, no reply.  We really need some networking here by someone who is
at an appropriate college.  I don't mind travelling anywhere in the UK
to meet up and negotiate.

Also, I have contacted a lot of equipment manufacturers and have had a
couple of interesting exchanges of e-mails.  This only applies to the
UK.  I'd like to recommend worldwide initiatives like that.  I would
like to see far more PC manufacturers offering pre-installed PC's and
making contact with them is probably going to help.

I've also been trying to persuade some of the 'barebones' suppliers to
let us test and mark as Ubuntu friendly some of their models.  I've had
a response from one, and the short answer is 'not yet'.

Research is ongoing, and I've coordinated what I can on the research
page.  So far, Cassidy's attempts to give me access to his spreadsheet
have failed.

I've also made a start on the training for transition course that I
promised. Please feel free to amend and add to it.  The draft is on:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/UbuntuAdverts/training

Regards,		Barry Drake.
http://ubuntuadverts.org/

Follow ups